Job Description and Personal Specification for Director of Admissions
Director of Admissions (DoA) will provide inspiring and strategic leadership for the admissions staff and all the admissions activities of Minerva Education Schools.
As a member of Minerva Education, the DoA provides a clear link between pupil recruitment, retention and maintenance of the school brands.
The current “Registrars” and other admissions staff in the schools will report to the DoA; who will ensure that all aspects of the admissions process at the schools is efficient, effective, customer focused and proactive.
The DoA will ensure that all admissions teams, as the very first contact that prospective parents and other visitors have with the school, are unfailingly cheerful, polite and diplomatic; smartly dressed, and excellent communicators.
DoA will drive sales into the schools, to achieve pupil number targets; revising admissions policies & procedures, coordinating sales events, maximising use of the Schoolbase system and ensuring regular follow up with all perspective pupils, students and parents.
Responsibilities – Admissions:
- To develop and execute the admissions and pupil recruitment strategy across the schools, ensuring that pupil recruitment targets are met and where agreed, increased.
- To ensure that International enquiries and admissions are handled effectively across the schools, with a strong emphasis on customer service.
- Responsible for the operation and evaluation of admissions processes, providing clear direction to Registrars and admissions staff to enable them to implement the admissions and pupil recruitment strategy.
- Maintain and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the admissions processes, taking into account the dynamic and changing nature of school’s markets and competitors.
- Ensure that the admissions processes and standards are flexible, proactive and fully integrated with the school administration procedures.
- Ensure that Registrars and admissions staff fully utilise the Schoolbase System, to ensure that accurate and timely admissions data and reports are produced for the schools SLTs and for Minerva Education.
Responsibilities – Management:
- With Minerva Education’s Finance Director (FD), ensure the management and resourcing of the admissions departments, including the setting of objectives, targets and day to day staff activities.
- With the Directors, management of Registrars and admissions staff, as directed by the staffing organogram.
- Liaison with Minerva’s Marketing & Communications Manager to ensure that marketing activities are both targeted by and fully integrated with admissions targets, processes and procedures.
- With Minerva’s Marketing and Communications Manager, ensure that all the Education Consultants relevant to the schools are communicated with regularly.
- Regular attendance at management meetings, including ESS and SLT meetings, Minerva’s management meetings and occasionally reporting to Minerva’s Board of Governors.
- Keeping up to date with schools and education best practices, including compliance, inspections and Tier 4 Visa (UKVI).
- Any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned.
- Have senior management experience in a Sales or Business Development role.
- Ideally have experience working in education, as well as understand the market the schools operates in.
- Provide support, direction and challenge to Registrars and admissions staff.
- Be a role model to all staff for customer service and pupils recruitment; demonstrating focus on objectives and outcomes.
- Develop professional working relationships with others, notably teachers and parents; ensuring respect, support and diplomacy at all times.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with managers, teachers and parents both verbally and written in a timely manner; providing sound advice, support and strong leadership.
- Have the ability to lead and work with limited supervision, yet seek guidance when necessary. Manage own time, information and resources effectively.
- Foster team building and manage conflict, where this arises; building a consensus where possible.
- Follow all policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well being of pupils at all times.
- Represent Minerva Education with external bodies in an appropriate and professional manner.
Email Recruitment@minervaeducation.co.uk for an application pack